Big Brothers Big Sisters Scholarship Program
2020 SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Want to help our 2020 Scholarship Recipients get ready to head to school? We know this can be a heavy cost burden to send students to college for the first time. Help us get these students prepared to start college out on the right foot.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM HISTORY
In 1983, thanks to generous donors and the Board of Directors, a scholarship program was established to encourage and support the educational aspirations of Little Brothers and Little Sisters working to achieve their full potential through education. Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) Scholarship Program awards financial aid to qualified "Littles" who demonstrate financial need and the desire to continue their education. For the scholarship funds to serve the greatest number of "Littles," all applicants are expected to apply for any scholarships or grants for which they may be eligible.
- Applicant must have a Family income of $35,000 or less or demonstrate strong financial need. Applicants must complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid) and submit a copy of SAR (Student Aid Report) to the BBBS Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must have obtained (or will finish this Spring) a high school diploma with a GPA of 2.5 or have obtained their GED. Exceptions to this GPA may be made for technical education.
- Applicant must have applied and been accepted to a 2- or 4-year accredited college or university program, accredited technical college or trade school.
- Applicant must enroll in 12 semester hours and continue to maintain 12 semester hours for scholarship renewal.
- Applicant must be a current or past Little Brother or Little Sister for a minimum period of 24 months.
- If selected as a recipient, the applicant will receive:
- A maximum of $1500/semester for 4-year colleges/institutions
- A maximum of $900/semester for 2-year colleges/institutions
- All tuition payments are paid directly to the education institution after proper billing showing tuition balance due and other awards credited.
- Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of financial need to the extent of funding available.